Lockdowns and Covid have certainly put a strain on people and normally we all make New Year’s resolutions that we break within the first month if not week.
This year might be slightly different as everyone’s mental health has taken a knock and with current lockdown and tier restrictions things like going to the gym that would be normal for January are not allowed for the UK.
I’ve been inspired by an alternative for 2021. Instead of New Year’s Resolutions, I’m creating goals for the year; 21 to be exact! Some things might sound odd or simple to people but surely I’m not the only one that starts with good intentions and then things happen!
I saw a quote earlier which was fitting as it was related to my horoscope for 2021 – no I don’t follow them all the time but I was interested to see what they thought for the upcoming year.
The more I thought about what I wanted to achieve this year, the easier I found I got to 21! These are not in any particular order as I find that would put more pressure to succeed at one more than the others.
- Have no-spend months (only essentials)
- Meal plan and use up the food in the house
- Drink more water
- Exercise more
- Visit new places (Covid depending)
- Read more
- Work more on my blog
- Work and expand on my small business
- Look into a new hobby
- Step out of my comfort zone
- Self/acceptance…be more confident
- Tidy my house
- Sort out improvements to my house (odd-jobs that need to be finished)
- Clear my overdraft and Credit Card
- Spend more time with my feline girls; whether that’s playing or just relaxing with them
- Reconnect with friends
- Use all beauty products & gift sets (shouldn’t need to buy any for a while!)
- Make more time for self-care
- Sell items no longer needed to make space and free up money
- Save in pots for experiences, emergencies, Christmas etc
- Live and not work all the time!
Have you made any resolutions for 2021 or have you already made some changes during 2020 based on lockdown circumstances?